Independent Living

Our Independent Living Service offers tailored support to enable you to live independently in your own home.

We provide apartments and bungalows for those aged 50 plus with support offered through our life24 service, ensuring peace of mind for you and for those who care about you.

Life24 is our visiting and emergency alarm service which is connected to a response centre 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There is a small weekly charge for this service.

We provide a level of support, which is tailored to enable customers to live a full life, while ensuring peace of mind for them and their families.

View our Independent Living schemes

A 24-hour alarm service is provided in all of these properties

In your home you will have a built-in alarm system with a pendant. This is connected to a response centre, which operates all year round, 24 hours a day.

When you move in you will be asked to provide the contact details for who you would like us to notify in an emergency along with any relevant medical details. These are kept confidentially and will be used in the event of an emergency by either the response centre or a member of staff from the Life24 team. The Response Centre staff are fully trained to deal with sensitive and emergency situations.

In the event of a power cut, or telephone line failure, the alarm service may be disrupted. We would ask residents to report any fault with the alarm system as a priority.

Our aim is to provide tailored support around your needs

You will also receive support from a member of our dedicated team.

We provide our independent living service across different types of accommodation such as:

  • apartments in a block, known as independent living schemes
  • apartments where care can be accessed via a Social Care package, known as extra care
  • bungalows, where the service can be provided as an optional extra

Our service is flexible and we can also deliver it to you in your current home without the need for you to move to one of the above, via the Life24 Service

Who can apply?

You can apply for independent living bungalows if you are aged 50 or over and independent living schemes if you are aged 55 or over.

For a couple, only one person needs to meet the above age criteria. We will also accept applications from people under the age criteria who live with a disability or have medical conditions.

We will accept applications for independent living housing regardless of whether you rent or own your current home. Your financial circumstances will be taken into account along with your reasons for wanting to move.

How to apply?

For most of our schemes you are required to apply through the relevant council. See below:

Bedfordshire Schemes:

Northamptonshire Schemes:

Milton Keynes Schemes:

Specialist Schemes for which you will need to apply to Central Bedfordshire Independent Living service directly to apply

For any general enquiries about one of our schemes contact our Customer Contact team on: 0300 123 5544 /

Or your enquiry is in regarding to registering for a property at a scheme please contact the relevant local authority for that scheme listed above.

Quick Links

TSA Acredited QSF Certified