Rent worries and how we can help

Grand Union is here to help as best we can

We’re here to help

What to do next

If you think you may struggle to pay your rent, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. We have a dedicated Payment Support team who will provide you with help, support and guidance.

You can contact them via My.GUHG, or alternatively you can call us on 0300 123 5544 to be put through to the team.

We recognise you may encounter financial difficulties in the next few months and we are here to help.

Additional help and support

Customers in financial difficulty

We support customers in crisis situations all the time – it’s what we do. We always encourage customers to tell us straight away if they are experiencing problems paying their rent and there is a range of help available. We’re approachable and helpful, always focusing on solutions.

If you’re struggling financially why not ask to speak to our dedicated Financial Wellbeing team? They can give you advice and support about welfare benefits, money and debt.

Universal credit

Want to know more about Universal Credit? Our dedicated page has all the information you will need, including how to apply.

Council tax support

Some customers may be eligible for support in paying their council tax. You can find your council using the links below for information on how to apply.

If you are already claiming but your income has changed, you will need let your council know there has been a change of circumstances so they can re-assess your claim.

If you do not know who your local council is you can enter your postcode here to find out -

If you do know who your local council is, then select them below and either click on new claim or change of circumstances.

Gas and electric

The unprecedented rise in energy costs due to is a worry for many people. The government has announced some measures to assist:

  • Cost of living payments – varying amounts for different benefit claimants, click the link for more information
  • £400 will be credited to electricity accounts over 6 months this winter
  • £150 was made available to Council Tax payers living in a property band D or below

If you are still struggling then please contact us for advice about how else we can assist.

You can also find guidance from Ofgem on their website if you can't afford to pay your energy bills.


Anglian water have published advice on extra support should you have difficulty paying your water bills.