Do you claim Universal Credit? If so, you need to double check that you’ve updated how much your rent is.
If you haven’t already flagged this up, don’t worry as it’s easy to change!
What you need to do
- Log in to your Universal Credit claim
- When logged in, go to the home page
- Go into report a change of circumstances
- Go into where you live and what it costs
- This will then ask questions such as ‘Have you moved?’ or ‘something else?’
- A section will appear where you input your new weekly rent amount and from what date
- The date to enter will be 6 April 2020.
- If you pay your rent monthly, this date will be 1 April 2020.
As always, if you have any difficulty then please contact our Financial Inclusion team who will be more than happy to assist. Email email@example.com or call 0300 123 5544 and ask for the Financial Inclusion team.