Jarryd Braithwaite

tomritchie

Until a few months ago 27-year-old Jarryd Braithwaite was renting a room in a house in Bedford, having to share his living space, kitchen and bathroom with others. Jarryd was keen to have a place of his own but, without a large deposit, buying a property seemed completely out of reach.

Then Jarryd saw an opportunity to buy a shared ownership property at the Home Farm development in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, Grand Union Housing Group’s largest shared ownership scheme.

Engineering Technician Jarryd said: “Home Farm is a stone’s throw from Cranfield University, where I work, so I’m able to cycle when the weather’s good. I have family and friends not too far away and Milton Keynes is also nearby so I’m lucky to have everything around me. “Cranfield is a lovely village location. It’s quiet here, my neighbours are nice and I’m enjoying having my own front door!”

Jarryd has a 65% share in his one bedroom apartment and pays rent on the other 35%. “Shared ownership is a great idea as it helps people to get on the property ladder. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about it and Grand Union were very helpful throughout the buying process.”