Our digital champions are vital in helping us spread the word to more customers about the benefits of being online.
Become a Digital Champion and help your local community get connected.
- Do you enjoy using digital technology, for example email and the internet?
- Do you have 1-2 hours free each week?
- Are you a good communicator and enjoy teaching people new skills?
- Are you able to work with people on a one-to-one basis or perhaps in a small group?
Then why not become a Digital Champion in your local community?
These days having the skills to use digital technology is a must-have. It can save people time and money, make people feel more connected and better informed. Despite this, millions of people have never been online.
A Digital Champion is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how. Digital Champions do a range of simple things like:
- teaching someone to use Google or another web browser
- showing a beginner how to set up an email account
- helping someone to use the internet to research and plan care
- explaining computer terms and internet jargon.
In return you’ll get:
- the opportunity to develop your own skills and knowledge about digital technology
- free online training so you know better how to work with others and what sort of things you could teach them
- the chance to part of a community of Champions who can help each other and share ideas
- rewards and awards! You’ll receive a Certificate and an online Open Badge for each Digital Champion course you complete – you can put it on your CV and show others what you’ve done
- immense satisfaction that you’ve made a difference to someone else.
Become a Digital Champion today! Find out more by emailing Amie at email@example.com