Ending a tenancy when someone dies


Losing a friend or relative is a difficult time, so we have put together some information as a guide to ending a tenancy and who to inform.

Please notify Grand Union of the death of the tenant by either completing the form below or contacting our Customer Services Team as soon as possible.

You will need to confirm who the executor or next of kin is and supply a copy of the death certificate. A copy of the death certificate can be sent to our office before or when you return the keys.

The tenancy will end on the Monday four weeks following the receipt of death certificate, the keys must also be received by the end of the four week notice period. Please refer to the ‘Ending a tenancy’ form on this page.

 Ending a Tenancy Form