News – 1 October 2023
– the annual national campaign aimed at helping people quit smoking for good. Despite declining smoking rates, over 5 million people in England still smoke, making it the leading cause of preventable illness and death in the UK.
Since its launch in 2012, Stoptober has helped over 2.5 million smokers to quit smoking.
This year’s campaign is looking to remind smokers of the numerous benefits of quitting smoking
and offering valuable tips for a smoke-free journey.
The stop smoking service
Quitting smoking can be challenging due to nicotine withdrawal and lifestyle changes. But did you know that you’re up to three times more likely to quit with a combination of stop smoking products and specialist support from your local Stop Smoking Service? They now provide free
e-cigarettes to assist you on your journey.
By seeking support from the Stop Smoking Service, you’ll:
What if I vape?
- Receive guidance on selecting the right product for you
- Benefit from specialist behavioural support to modify smoking triggers
- Consult experienced advisors who have helped many people quit
If you’ve used vaping to quit smoking, congratulations! Feel proud of this achievement and quit vaping when you’re comfortable. The Stop Smoking Service supports those addicted to tobacco but offer free resources for those looking to quit vaping. Click here
for their free vaping resources.
Not quite ready to quit smoking yet?
No problem! You may be early on in your smoke-free journey and just seeing what options are available. We’d recommend by starting to visit and read the following:
Ready to quit smoking now?
- Stoptober website: Explore health improvements, withdrawal symptoms, stop smoking aids, e-cigarettes, and quitting tips.
- Self-help guide: Get an idea of our programme requirements for when you’re ready to start
- Better Health: Find lots of info and free tools to help you go smoke-free
Great! You’ve done your research, understand the benefits, and are motivated to start this Stoptober. Book an appointment online
or call 0800 013 0553
today to kickstart your free support this Stoptober.