How to get onto the housing register list?
- To apply for one of our homes, you must first apply to your local authority. Different local authorities have different allocation processes. If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the authority directly - they will be able to track your location.
How to apply for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit?
- Housing Benefit: you have to apply to your local council. Use this link to find who this is.
- Universal Credit: you have to apply online. See our Universal Credit page for more information.
Please note most people who are working-age will have to claim Universal Credit now for help with their rent, except if:
- You (and your partner if you have one) have reached your State Retirement age(s).
- You (and your partner if you have one) are entitled to the Severe Disability Premium on a current benefit claim – note this only applies before 27 January 2021
- You are in temporary or supported accommodation – but you may have still to claim Universal Credit for help with your living costs
For advice on this, contact our Financial Wellbeing team.
Pests in property: Local government provides pest control, this is cheaper if on housing benefit. We do not provide pest control. We will then come to block off any entry points that the pests are using to enter the property.
Refuse collection: Find out your rubbish collection day on the gov.uk website. If the rubbish has not been collected, you can contact your local council to advise this.
Blue badge applications: Apply, make changes or cancel - visit the gov.uk website