Do I need to tell Housing Benefit of any change to my service or personal charge?

Any change of circumstance for you, or anyone else in your household, must be reported (to your local authority Housing Benefit team) within one month of notification by us. We will provide your local authority with details of rent increases upon issue of the annual rent increase letter, but you must ensure your benefit payment is updated.

Your claim might be stopped or reduced if you do not report a change of circumstances.