Home contents insurance

Why do you need it?

As a landlord we provide cover for the structure of your property, we do not provide cover for your home contents.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy could cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Thistle Tenant Risks and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for customers living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothes
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

Please watch this video to find out more or call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288.

Alternatively, please visit the thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.

We also suggest that you get other quotes from other companies for comparison. Please note that we do not offer advice about home contents insurance and cannot become involved in insurance schemes.

If you expect to be away from the property for a long time, three months or more, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0300 123 5544 as we may need to notify our buildings insurance company. You may also need to check your contents insurance policy or contact your contents insurance provider.

The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group. Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy