Loud noise/music

We only consider this to antisocial behaviour if the noise is persistent.

To be persistent the noise or music would have had to:

  • lasted longer than 30 minutes a day
  • been present for five or more days within one week.

What to do if you’re being disturbed

We want everyone to enjoy their home. We ask that residents are considerate and tolerant of their neighbours. If you’re continuously being disturbed by noise, you could try the following:

  • Have a friendly word with your neighbour, using these tips. They may not know they’re disturbing you.
  • Contact your local Environmental Health Officer if speaking to your neighbour does not resolve the issue.
  • Consider using mediation. This is a confidential service we offer to help neighbours resolve issues. Learn more here

How to report ASB

Only report ASB to us if:
  • The noise or music is persistent.
  • You’ve tried to resolve things with your neighbour and it hasn’t improved.
  • You’ve contacted the local Environmental Health Officer and it hasn’t improved.
To report ASB to us you’ll need to:

Our team will open a case and get back to you with next steps.