Tell us when we get it wrong so we can make things right

Social housing issue - know how to complain

We always aim to provide a great service to our customers. However, sometimes things go wrong. When this happens, we want to make things right as quickly we can.

We also want to make it easy for you to tell us when we get it wrong.

If you want to make a complaint, you can do so on this page. You can also do it via any of our other contact methods.

Make things right

The Government has launched the ‘Make things right’ campaign for those living in social housing. If customers have an issue with their home or landlord, there are ways to make things right.

This video shows the steps available to you if you want to make a complaint.

YouTube video

You can find out more information about the campaign on the Government website:

Disrepair claims companies

We’re seeing more companies contacting customers to offer a ‘no win, no fee’ service for housing disrepair. Many of these will cold call customers about making a claim against us for disrepair.

Please keep in mind:

  • These companies are rarely there to benefit you. If the case is won, their fee percentage can be very high.
  • You may be charged a fee if you change your mind – Last year a Grand Union customer was duped by one of these companies. When she tried to cancel the claim they wanted her to pay over £2,000. Read her story here.
  • There may be hidden costs.
  • It can be a lengthy and unnecessary process.
  • Defending disrepair cases costs a lot. The money we spend on these claims is taken away from funding and resources in other areas. This can have a negative impact on our neighbourhoods.

We’d always rather you worked with us so we can make things right.