Money and Debt Advice


Our in-house debt advice service is currently not taking referrals.

We're really sorry, but the service is now fully subscribed. If you still need advice, please consider any of the agencies below who may be able to help.


Milton Keynes:


 National Services:

The information below is relevant when the service is open, and to those already signed up to the service.

How can we help you with your debt?

Our free debt advice service can advise you on how best to deal with your debts. Take a look how we can support you in the video below:

A Debt Advisor will assess your financial situation as a whole; this means:

  • Checking your income and advising how to increase it, referring you to our Welfare Benefits Advice team if appropriate.
  • Advising you on how to reduce your outgoings.
  • Consider your debts and advise you on which are priorities and why.
  • Advise you of the solutions you could pursue to bring your debts under control. For example, this could be arranging affordable repayments to your creditors, or it could be considering formal insolvency options. We will tailor the advice to your circumstances and what suits one person may not suit another.
  • Help you follow through your chosen solution, or if we are unable to, refer to you another agency who can help.

We will need you to sign a form giving us authority to contact relevant parties on your behalf, and you will need to sign our Debt Advice Service Agreement.

We will need to agree with you what your income and expenditure is, so we do need you to be transparent with us about your circumstances in order for us to advise you.

What if I have rent arrears with Grand Union?

We are still happy to advise you. The only time we cannot help you if you have rent arrears with us is if we are taking legal action to take possession of home, as there is a conflict of interests. In this case you should contact another agency for advice. Click here for more information about other agencies.

Are you interested?

If so, please contact Customer Services on 0300 123 5544 and ask to be referred to the Debt Advice team. Alternatively, you can email us at and someone will call you back.

Our Debt Advice service is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; our FRN reference number is 822130.


We recognise that many customers approaching us for debt advice are likely to be vulnerable in some way. We adapt our service and expectations of customers to reflect this. Please read our "approach to vulnerability" document for more information.


We hope you will not have cause to complain about our service, but in the event that you do please note we have a separate complaints procedure for this service because it is subject to the Financial Ombudsman instead of the Housing Ombudsman. Click here to read the Money Advice Complaints procedure.

It is vital to remember that if you are in this situation you are not alone, as help and advice are available. It is not something to be ashamed of.

This is the time for you to take control of your debts and not your debts take control of you!